To survive a childhood household of anger, poverty, alcohol, drug, mental and physical abuse, and parents divorcing at an early age Michelle learned to read situations quickly. Payton reflected on this saying, “My responses to those (childhood) memories changed positively as I became clearer about being kinder to myself and others.”
Figuring out how to manifest positive outcomes in the long-term, Michelle became fascinated with how people’s minds worked and her eclectic (mainstream and metaphysical) studies over the past 30+ years revolve around people being more comfortable with themselves and others. She (personally) moved past limiting history and physical conditions to a marriage/partnership of over 30 years, three great kids (yes, there have been challenges), and a joyful, healthy life.
With Michelle Payton, your mind and re-associations with memories are the key components. Michelle’s mind over matter solutions specialties are–practicing in the Asheville, North Carolina area–Doctor of Clinical Hypnosis / Hypnotherapy, Positive Hypnosis, Self-Hypnosis, EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique), NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), Acupressure Hypnosis (creating Emotional Balancing Points), Past Life Regression, and Sensory-based Writing and Coaching (oral story-sharing to paper). Michelle’s academic work includes teaching college English, a Master of Arts in English (Rhetoric, Composition, and Professional and Technical Writing Postgraduate Certificate), a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Arts, Adult Developmental Education Training (Kellogg Institute, National Development Center for Education), experiences writing nine self-help books and academic writing, plus independent studies to serve as an educator on personality traits using Astrology, Numerology, and Birth Order (see specifics at “Sessions”).
She continues her path of attracting all good things into her and others’ lives as an author, independently publishing:
- – Adventures of a Mainstream Metaphysical Mom: Choosing Peace of Mind in a World of Diverse Ideas
- – “Soul”utions: Achieving Financial, Intellectual, Physical, Social and Spiritual Balance with Soul
- – Birth Mix Patterns: Astrology, Numerology, and Birth Order, and their effects on the Past, Present, and Future
- – Birth Mix Patterns: for Families, and Other Groups that Matter
- – Birth Mix Patterns and Loving Relationships: Using Astrology, Numerology, and Birth Order
- – Healing What’s Real: Expanding Your Personal Power with Mind Over Matter Techniques
- – More Adventures of a Mainstream Metaphysical Mom: Finding Peace While Raising Teens, Building a Community, and Consciously Following-Through
- – Writing Sensorably: How Expressive and Natural Voice Advance Recording Thoughts
- – Positive Hypnosis: Re-associating with Solution-based Memories
Writing and connecting to others’ needs (individually, the masses, and in business) was a part of her mainstream professional training which included being an accomplished national brand marketing manager with extensive national and international advertising, marketing, research, writing (technically, commercially, and using natural voice), speaking and business building background. Today her professional efforts are focused on her Mind Over Matter Solutions private practice (www.MichellePayton.com), The Left Side community collaborations of which she is the founder and owner (www.TheLeftSide.com), Asheville Area Wholistic and Integrative Professionals of which she is the founder; and teaching college English and academic writing projects. All Michelle’s professional training play a part in her work to co-facilitate building self-confidence, achieving individual voice to satisfy core needs, and creating effective collaborations professionally and personally.
She, her husband and life partner since 1982, and three adult children live, work and play in Asheville, North Carolina.
Michelle Payton is a member of the National Board of Professional and Ethical Standards, has fulfilled mastery requirements for the Society of Neuro-Linguistic Programming™, and is an active member and founder of the Asheville Area Wholistic & Integrative Professionals.